Design of Experiments is a technique of performing a set of planned experiments to study the effect of the processing parameters on the quality of the part. In its simplest form, studying the length of the part at two holding pressures and relating the change in the length of the part to the change in the pressure is a DOE. Each of the the steps in the 6-Step Study is also a DOE.
Benefits of Performing DOEs
- Provides an idea of Process Robustness
- Helps identify the most Optimum Process
- Provides a Troubleshooting guide
- Reduces Customer Returns and therefore Customer Confidence
- Reduces and/or optimizes the molding cycle times
- Improves the overall efficiency of the molding operation
Some of the results from the DOE are shown in the section describing the Nautilus Software. Click here for more info.