BACKING UP YOUR DATA!
This is a VERY IMPORTANT step and you must back up your data in an unfortunate event such as a computer crash or hard disc failure.
The data gets stored in a folder called AppData. It is this AppData folder that needs to be protected and backed up. You can find your database location on the ‘HOME’ Screen. Make sure that this folder is backed up regularly.
The default location of the folder is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\FIMMTECH\Nautilus 8
You can also place this AppData folder on a network drive and then point the software to this AppData. This will ensure that the data is safe. But it is VERY important that you have constant and consistent access to the server. Copy the AppData folder from the C-drive and paste it on a network drive. Once this is done use the steps below and Point the Software to the new location.
POINTING SOFTWARE TO NEW LOCATION/DATABASE
To move the AppData folder to the network drive and point the software to the new location, follow the instructions below:
- Copy the AppData Folder from the C-drive
- Save it on to a location on your server; for example, F:\ProcessEngineering\Nautilus_8
- Open the software
- Go to Options>DatabasePath
- Click on Browse Nautilus Database
- This will give you the option to find the new location of the AppData folder that you have just placed on the server. Find the AppData folder and open the folder.
- You will find the file Nautilus.mdb. Select the file and click on ‘Open’ and then ‘Set’ on the next screen.
- You will get the message that the Database path was set successfully, and that the Application will restart. Click on OK
- The application should restart; if not do it manually.
- Check to see the path on the home screen. It should now reflect the new path and the data is now being saved on your server.
NOTE: You will get an error if you lose connectivity to the server. In such as case, close the software, re-establish your connection and then open the software. Please contact us If you have any questions.
The following is for Version 8 Users Only. Those on earlier versions should contact us for updating their software. This update will not work with the previous versions.
Please note you may get a message ‘Update of database required’ – Please click on Yes and continue.
The latest version of the software is 8.30. (The previous version was 8.26) Download the appropriate files depending on whether you have the standalone or concurrent configuration and then follow the instructions below to update your software. Once updated, the home screen should show the Version as 8.30
- Extract the downloaded files into a folder and open the folder. (Make sure to extract.) You will see one file with an icon that looks like a grid.
- Double click the icon to begin the update process. It will ask you to make sure you have backed up the database and give you an option to locate the database and save it. Click on continue after your selection.
- You will get a message that the software has been updated.
Update File Downloads:
Download the files based on the configuration you have here:
8.30 Standalone: Update Files for 8.30 Standalone
8.30 Network: Update files for 8.30 Network
8.30 SQL:Update files for 8.30 SQL Version
Please let us know if you have any questions.